Can’t Make the Tax Filing Deadline? It is April 18th This Year

If you need extra time to file your returns this year file the Form 4868 Application for an Automatic Extension. You can let us know you need an extension or you can request an extension by filing out form 4868 and mailing it to the IRS by April 18th. The extension gives you an additional six months, until Oct. 16th 2017, to file the tax return.

Remember an extension of time to file is not an extension of time to pay. You need to estimate your tax liability and pay any balance due when you request the extension. We can help estimate your tax liability. The IRS has several payment options are available, including electronic funds withdrawal or check. Some states accept the federal extension if you are unsure please have us handle the extension for you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

For security, use of Google's reCAPTCHA service is required which is subject to the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

If you agree to these terms, please click here.